2. "Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise."
-Victor Hugo, Les Miserables
3. "Laura felt a warmth inside her. It was very small, but it was strong. It was steady, like a tiny light in the dark, and it burned very low but no winds could make it flicker because it would not give up."
-Laura Ingalls Wilder, The Long Winter
4. "The most beautiful things in the world cannot be touched, they are felt with the heart."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Little Prince
6. "We are what we believe we are."
7. "If we wait until we're ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives."
8. "The shell must break before the bird can fly."
-Alfred Lord Tennyson
9. "All human wisdom is contained in two words: Wait and hope."
11. "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
12. "The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away."
13. "I wondered if that was how forgiveness budded; not with the fanfare of epiphany, but with pain gathering itself, packing up and slipping away in the middle of the night."
-Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner
14. "I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth. Then I ask myself the same question."
16. "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of you; until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
-Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
17. "I don't pay attention to the world ending. It has ended for me many times and began again in the morning."
18. "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
-Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
19. "The day will be what you make it, so rise like the sun and burn."
21. "With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity."
22. "It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."
23. "Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself."
24. "Trust that when the answer is no, there is a better yes down the road."
26. "Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."
-Neil Gaiman, Coraline
27. "There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind."
28. "It isn't what we say or think that defines us, but what we do."
-Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility
29. "To thine own self be true."
-William Shakespeare, Hamlet
31. "In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart."
32. "Beware, for I am fearless, and therefore powerful."
-Mary Shelley, Franskenstein
33. "Nothing haunts us like the things we don't say."
34. "Why did you do all this for me?' he asked. 'I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you.' 'You have been my friend,' replied Charlotte. 'That in itself is a tremendous thing.'" -E.B. White, Charlotte's Web
Chakell recently graduated with her Bachelor of Arts in English and writes for the FamilyShare team. She is a firm believer in enjoying the little things in life. When she doesn't have her nose stuck in a book, she enjoys chocolate licorice, laughing too loudly and running away from birds.