Why you need to forgive those who hurt you
The Bible makes it very clear that forgiving others is necessary; "For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses" (Matthew 6:14-15); or "Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven" (Matthew 18:21-22).
Being able to forgive means having the Lord's forgiveness. And forgiving those who have wronged us frees us from feelings of anger, hate, holding grudges or seeking revenge. These emotions damage us from the inside out, rather than affecting the person who hurt us.
Forgiveness does not mean we condone what the other person has done. It does not mean the other person is right. It does not release them from what they have done wrong. They will still be responsible for what they did.
These thoughts on forgiveness are important to keep in mind.
1. Learning experiences are everywhere and make us stronger
2. Forgiveness is necessary in marriage
3. Leave the past behind
In relation to the popular theme #ThrowbackThursday -- this post says it all. 'Your past is not a good hiding spot' simply means that you cannot continue living in your past and expect your present and future to be clear. You're hiding yourself from the gifts the present has to offer. It's time to step out of the darkness because you can't hide in the light--and the future is your light. #STAGE #ThursdayTools #IntellectualWellness
A photo posted by #STAGE (@thestagemovement) on
4. Forgiveness brings inner peace
A photo posted by Buddhism (@buddhism__) on
5. Forgive even when others are not sorry
#storyoftheday #storyofmylife #staystrong #standup #keepgoing #fight #alpha #female #accept #spartanheart #openyourheart #chasingdreams #emotions #sad #blue #wantorunaway #neverlookback #nothingisworthifyouarenthappy #oceandrive #pretendiaintscared #lonely #lonelyheart #lifeis #nexttimebetter #freeyourheart #forgive #love #life #againstallodds
A photo posted by Viktória Volom HU (@spartan_cat) on
6. Beauty comes from forgiving
7. Forgiving is a reflection of your strength
So true! #instaquote #instagram #positivethinking #dailythoughts #positivity #selflove #quotesforlife #betterlife #simply #quotes #life #love #strong #smile #pensamientospisitivos #amor #quotaspositivas #pensamientosdiarios #Reflexiones #forgive #ama #perdona #selflove #inspiration #inspiración
A photo posted by "Hija Del Altisimo" 🙏 (@marcyg61) on
8. Prayer will help
9. Healing happens when you forgive
10. Forgiveness is for you and your well-being
"People who forgive most love the most" This statement so relates to me I couldn't imagine having to carry around all that bitterness of people hurting me I wouldn't be able to love anyone whole heartedly. I am a forgiver and have honestly forgiven people who have hurt me in the deepest parts of my soul ask Charlie lol and if I'm honest have been forgiven by people I have hurt as well I've made mistakes I ain't perfect and don't claim to be (hello). But I choose LOVE always theres still people I need to forgive but its a work in progress. Some people view my forgiveness as a weakness but I know that I'm a much better person for it I call it strength its harder to forgive than to hold on to hurt and let it manifest and that if my GOD can forgive me for my sins I can do the same for others... #mythoughtstoday #revelation #godsconvictingme #forgiveness #love #bible
A photo posted by Rina 💄 (@karina_wirihana) on
11. Forgiveness is not weakness
12. Love and forgiveness
13. Remember to forgive yourself
@kay_ska Trying to remember that I only did what was best for me THEN, I did the best I knew back THEN, at the end of the day it was the best decision I could've made for myself THEN! I couldn't have don't any better then and the best things I can do for myself right now is to forgive myself.✨💕
A photo posted by MH Stories (@thisiswhtmentalillnesslookslyk) on
14. You can't have peace if you don't forgive
A photo posted by Brandy (@brandyfreespirit17) on
15. Forgiveness does not mean you have to allow others to keep hurting you. It's okay to leave some people in the past
16. Choosing to forgive is choosing to take control of yourself and your life
A photo posted by Evolution Fit Camp (@motivated_mom_of_4) on
Forgiveness has everything to do with you and how you choose to respond when others hurt you. You must forgive if you want to live in peace and harmony. Holding on to grudges and anger only hurt you, not those you're holding negative emotions against. Free yourself from the unwanted pain by letting go.
Wendy is a regular contributor for familyshare.com and does media reviews. Website: https://survivorshopeandhealing.wordpress.com/ for victims of sexual abuse. Blog: https://wendyejessen.wordpress.com Twitter: @WendyJessen
- Science reveals the best age to have children; women can’t believe it
- 6 alarming signs your love is dying
- 11 symptoms of cancer in children and adolescents you need to know
- 6 small ways a man makes his wife feel ugly without saying a thing
- 16 signs he loves you (even if he doesn't say it out loud)
- There’s a new outbreak of a dangerous disease that attacks children — do you know the symptoms?
- I suck at being a friend right now
- The blessings of being raised by a low-maintenance mother
- A husband should always prioritize his wife (especially in these 5 situations)
- How to reset your wife when she's falling apart